I am an engineer by profession and a photographer by passion. I love to build stuff and when I am not building, I love to click.
Currently, I am the CEO of Subnero, a Singapore based company that specializes in providing underwater communications and networking technology & solutions. At Subnero, we develop underwater communications, navigation and monitoring & sensing systems along with commercializing the technology developed at Acoustic Research Laboratory (ARL), National University of Singapore, of which I was part of.
When I am not thinking about underwater communication networks, I do take up freelance photography and videography assignments, in and around Singapore. Head over to my photography page for more details.
I am also a passionate 'electronic' gamer and naturally have interests in computer graphics, graphics processors, graphics designing etc. Some of my other interests are scuba diving, traveling, scale modeling etc.
In the News
- COVID-19: What are homebound photographers doing during the lockdown?
- I Am Generation T: Manu Ignatius
- Generation T Asia list of distinctive young leaders shaping the Asia’s future
- Tipping Point: Muddy Waters [35:50]
- Diving Deep into Underwater Technologies
- Supporting the world’s water start-ups
- THE HANGAR by NUS Enterprise Entrepreneurs Feature — Subnero
- Think underwater internet is impossible? This Singapore startup is proving people wrong
- Singaporean start-up Subnero takes Internet underwater
- Meet Subnero, Asia's sole finalist at IoT Innovation Grand Challenge
- V. Pallayil, M. Chitre, S. Kuselan, A. Raichur, M. Ignatius, and J. Potter, “Development of a second-generation underwater acoustic ambient noise imaging camera,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 175-189, 2016.
- M. Chitre, R. Bhatnagar, M. Ignatius, and S. Suman, “Baseband signal processing with UnetStack,” in Underwater Communications Networking (UComms 2014), (Sestri Levante, Italy), September 2014. (Invited).
- Nazar, M. A., Ignatius, M., Listyanto, P., Al-Qazwini, Z. A. T., “Modified CHOKe: Analysis and improvement of a stateless queue management scheme for fair bandwidth allocation” in Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), 2011 3rd International Congress, Budapest, October 2011, pp. 1 - 8.
- P. Venugopalan, M. A. Chitre, K. Subash, A. R. Raichur, M. Ignatius, K. C. Unnikrishnan, S. P. Tan, and R. C. Naveen, “Ambient noise imaging:experiments with romanis,” in ICTCA 2011- 10th International Conference on Theoretical and Computational Acoustics, Taipei, April 2011. (Invited).
- IEEE Xplore Author Profile
- Treasurer, IEEE OES, Singapore Chapter, 2020
- Promotions Chair, IEEE OES OCEANS 2020, Singapore
- Vice chair, IEEE OES Singapore AUV Challenge, 2020
- Vice chair, IEEE OES Singapore AUV Challenge, 2019
- Co-chair, IEEE OES Singapore AUV Challenge, 2018
- Vice Chair,IEEE OES, Singapore Chapter, 2016 - 17
- Committee Member, IEEE OES Singapore AUV Challenge (SAUVC) 2014 - 19
- M.Sc., (Electrical Engineering, Major in Computer Engineering), National University of Singapore
- B.Tech., (Electronics & Communication Engineering), Mahatma Gandhi University College of Engineering, Kerala, India
- Senior Software Engineer, Hewlett Packard Networking, Singapore
- Research Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Software Engineer, Nortel Networks, Bangalore, India
- Software Engineer, Network Systems and Technologies, Kerala, India
Photography is my passion. While my work at Subnero pushes me to see things the way they are, photography enables me to express myself the way I would like the world to be. I do freelance photography & videography assignments. You can find my portfolio here.
You can watch my travel videos here.